The Morton Medical Centre
The Morton Medical Centre, located in the community of Lakefield, Ontario, is managed by a Board of Directors as a not for profit incorporated facility. The Centre offers primary healthcare to both residents of the local area and seasonal visitors to the Kawarthas. There is no walk-in Clinic at the Morton Medical Centre.
There are three components to the care available at the centre:
- Permanent Primary Health Care provided by a team of family doctors who are part of the Chemong Family Health Organization;
- Allied Professional Healthcare Specialists: Members of the community can receive services at the Lakefield Physiotherapy and Foot Health Clinic.
Contacting my Family Physician
Please use the Doctors’ page for:
- Your doctor’s phone and fax number;
- Instructions for booking an appointment;
- Office hours and policies; and,
- How to prepare for your appointment.
Please click here and you will be directed to the Doctors’ page.
Note: The doctors at the Morton Medical Centre treat only their own, rostered patients. We regret that the doctors cannot treat walk-in patients or accept calls directly from members of the community who are seeking medical care.
The Nurse Practitioner Health Clinic for those without a Family Physician
You may use the PFHT Health Clinic if:
- You do not have a family doctor; or
- You require problem-specific care.
For details on the PFHT Health Clinic and the hours of operation, visit the Peterborough FHT website.
How do I find a Permanent Family Doctor?
If you are:
- New to the community;
- Have never been rostered with a doctor;
- Are currently without a doctor because your previous doctor is no longer providing service.
Please go to www.ontario.ca/healthcareconnect
Note that serious traumatic injury, or life -threatening illnesses (e.g. cardiac arrest, stroke) cannot be assessed or treated at the Morton Medical Centre. Call 911 if you need an ambulance, or proceed directly to the Peterborough Regional Health Centre!